Monday, 20 December 2010

Authors I Discovered In 2010

I have had the utmost pleasure of both discovering new authors as well as reading new (and old) books by some of my favourite authors this year.

It has been an exhilarating year in terms of discovery and reading.

I thought that to close off a wonderful year of reading, I would compile a list of authors, predominantly crime fiction authors including light/cosy mysteries, new to me which I have discovered by chance (bookshelves), from brilliant bookbloggers around the world, from websites, libraries, recommendations, and from my favourite place to go - bookshops.

Here they are in no particular order:

Brian Cohen

Shamini Flint

Steve Berry

Tara Moss

Sara Paretsky

Jake Needham

Daniel Silva

Peter H Fogtdal

Stephen Jay Schwartz

Michael Stanley

S J Rozan

Lisa Scottoline

J R Reardon

P J Tracy

Judith J Jance

Joseph Teller

David Baldacci

Bronwyn Parry

Deon Meyer

Matt Hilton

Elizabeth Becka

Michael Robotham

Geoffrey Cousins

Cara Black

Stephen J Cannell

Lorna Barrett

Robin Cook

J D Robb

Dave Zeltserman

John Burdett

Robert Wilson

Luiz Alfredo Garcia-Roza

Melinda Wells

Mikkel Birkegaard

Peter Corris

Leigh Redhead

Fleur McDonald

Jessica Conant-Park and Susan Conant

Fiona McGregor

Helene Young

Gerald Seymour

Peter James

John Connolly

Robert G Barrett

C J Box

Dennis Lehane

Laura Childs

Russell Andrews

Nelson DeMille

Joanne Fluke

Claude Bouchard

L J Sellers

Alafair Burke

Allison Brennan

Some of you may already have read books by the authors listed above and some may be totally new to you.  It is certainly an impressively exhaustive list for me.  Phew!

Whichever it is, what matters is that it is never too late to read and once you do, join the club.  Reading is not a competition by any means.

I look forward to another year of reading and to new (and old) discoveries.

Happy read to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment