Thursday, 22 December 2011

Seasons Greetings 2011!


Nativity scene at Saint Sulpice Cathedral, Paris

This time of year is a special time of year when we strive to be our best through acts of giving, kindness and love to all and sundry.  A recent motto that has stayed with me ever since my return from Paris is:  Be not inhospitable to strangers lest they be angels in disguise.

2011 has been a wonderful year for me, discovering new authors and buying/reading their books as well as visiting bookshops in Tuscany, Paris, Copenhagen, Stockholm, London and Penang.  I cannot be sure how much I spent on books this year alone.  My local library, as usual, is a great friend whenever I chose the option to borrow books rather than make a purchase.

On the other hand, professional book bloggers whom I follow have opened my eyes to a plethora of books which I did not have time to discover much less read but they are all within my sight.  I have enjoyed every aspect of it and look forward to more old and new discoveries in 2012.

Thank you especially to authors and followers who have left their comments on my blog.  Special mention goes to authors Matt Hilton, Jonathan Hayes and Dave Zeltserman.  They all write books I love to read.

It has been an absolute pleasure sharing my reading list with all of you.  In a nutshell, Jeffrey Archer's Only Time Will Tell (Clifton Chronicles Book 1, 2011) is the most sought after book according to the statistics.

I hope you are filled with joy and love and good health this season and in the new year to come.

Happy reading as always and happy holidays!

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled on this thanks to Google Alerts, and thought I'd point out an odd coincidence. Jonathan Hayes + I both went to the same elementary school--Angier School in Newton, MA. I know this because I ran into my 5th grade teacher at a book reading a few months back, and he told me this.

    Best Regards,
    Dave Zeltserman

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pleasant coincidence that both of you end up as author! Once again, a big Thank You for dropping by, Mr Zeltserman. Best wishes, Emily.

    ReplyDelete