Early summer brings plenty of work for baker Hannah Swensen, even before Mayor Bascomb's wife drops by The Cookie Jar to place an order for her charity even...for eleven-hundred cookies! And Hannah almost flips when her business partner, Lisa, suggests setting up an apple turnover stand. But she places her faith in Lisa and agrees to be a magician's assistant in the fundraiser's talent show...
The only snag is the show's host, college professor Bradford Ramsey. Hannah and her sister, Michelle, each had unfortunate romances with Ramsey, and when the cad comes sniffing around between acts, Hannah tells him off. But when the curtain doesn't go up, she discovers Ramsey backstage - dead, with a turnover in his hand. Now Hannah must find a killer who's flakier than puff pastry - and far more dangerous... (paperback blurb)
Apple Turnover Murder (2010) is the fourteenth book in the Hannah Swensen Mystery series. True to form, it contains over ten cookie and dessert recipes like Mocha Nut Butterballs and Wacky Cake, enough to make my mouth water when reading. It is good to come back to one of my favourite cosy mysteries and have some good wholesome fun with Hannah and friends after a long hiatus. The dreaded purple dress rears its ugly head twice in this series - what did Hannah do to warrant that? Do visit Joanne Fluke's cookie-biting website on www.MurderSheBaked.com for more information.
Rating: 3/5

I really enjoyed your review, I love the Hannah Swensen series, but regretfully I have not read Apple Turnover Murder yet, but it is on my ever growing list, ever growing because of reviews like yours and of course The Book Report where I get my weekly reviews from (http://www.bookreportradio.com/)
ReplyDeleteHi Anonymous, thank you for visiting my blog and I'm glad you liked the review. I've a mountain pile of books waiting for me too and what's more, I can't stop buying books! Happy reading to both of us. Emily.
ReplyDelete