
I don't think I need to make any introduction to this author here. Alexander McCall Smith. I liken McCall Smith's books to life's little gems of wisdom because they simply are. They are not so much books of light-hearted reading as books of life itself. His books are thoughtful, witty, kind, helpful, compassionate and wise, much like the heroine Mma Precious Ramotswe herself. In fact, McCall Smith's portrayal of each and every character is so fresh, candid and unvarnished as to be almost lifelike.
The Double Comfort Safari Club is the eleventh book in the award-winning series The No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency set in Botswana, Southern Africa. Do visit the author's website at http://www.alexandermccallsmith.co.uk/ if you haven't already. I have also had the pleasure of watching it on British television when it first premiered in 2009.
Here is the trailer for The No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by HBO:
I must say his books are an absolute joy to read. Need I say that I am a huge fan too?
Rating: 5/5 (Pleasure to read)
No comments:
Post a Comment