Thursday, 18 November 2010
If You Have To Cry Go Outside (And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You) by Kelly Cutrone with Meredith Bryan
About the author: Kelly Cutrone is the founder of fashion public relations, branding, and marketing firm People's Revolution, which has represented clients such as Longchamp, Vivienne Westwood, Valentino, Jeremy Scott, Paco Rabanne, Thierry Mugler, Bulgari, Christie's, and more. She stars in Kell on Earth on Bravo and has appeared on MTV's The Hills and The City. Prior to founding People's Revolution, Cutrone cofounded Cutrone & Weinberg and was the director of PR for Spin magazine. Cutrone lives in Manhattan with her daughter, Ava.
About the co-author: Meredith Bryan is an editor at O, the Oprah magazine, and a former staff writer at The New York Observer.
Taken from the blurb: "I'm not here to tell you how to get the perfect Margiela wardrobe or the perfect man or the perfect job in fashion. I've had all these things, and trust me, there's a bigger prize to be had. I believe the world will change only when we change ourselves. And that starts with finding ourselves. And that starts with listening to ourselves, learning to quiet the clamor in our minds and the voices of everyone around us and moving toward what feels right. It means taking a journey like the spectacular and terrifying and ultimately mind-blowing adventure I've been on. I hope that you, too, will choose to have a journey instead of just a life. Actually, I hope it's a full-on expedition." - Kelly Cutrone
Raw, hilarious, shocking, but always the honest truth, If You Have To Cry, Go Outside calls upon you to gather up your courage like an armful of clothes at a McQueen sample sale and follow your soul wherever it takes you. Whether you are just starting out in the world or looking to reinvent yourself, , If You Have To Cry, Go Outside will be the spark you need to figure out what you have to say to the world and how you are going to say it.
This is what a very relaxed and informal Cutrone has to say about her book:
My thoughts: I digress from reading crime fiction to read a book by one of my favourite television personalities, Kelly Cutrone. I have only ever seen her in the popular television shows The Hills and The City. This book debuted on the New York Times bestseller list in February of this year. It is an inspirational (and spiritual) book for any women, career or full-time mom, and packed with Cutrone's advice from her work ethics to life's lessons. If you have not seen Cutrone on television, she can be summed up as straight-talking, witty and brutally honest and her personality will jump out at you from the book. She is one woman who is not afraid to be herself so it is fitting that she becomes my 100th post since I started blogging in May of this year! Finally, when life gets you down as life sometimes does, this is the kind of book that will pick you up again.
If you want to keep up with Cutrone, she can be found on Facebook among other social media sites.
As is my wont, I do not rate books of this nature but if you decide to pick it up, do enjoy it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment