J R Reardon is a Boston native, Suffolk University Law School alum and former partner of Saltzman & McNaught LLP who lives in Maryland with her husband and young daughter. It is always a pleasure to find another lawyer-turned-writer to add to my reading library and catalogue.
First line in the book: What in the world ever possessed me to become a lawyer?
Here is what this book is about:
Reardon is a fresh voice among the legal thriller veterans like John Grisham, Michael Connelly, Linda Fairstein and David Baldacci. The book reads like a personal diary at times and other times, Reardon writes adeptly in the matter of law, trial courts, financial investments, fraud, stock markets and financial scams. I am impressed by how her main character is not some hot-shot fast-talking experienced lawyer but a young, naive, vulnerable and brand new lawyer who gradually learns to deal with the personal and professional issues in her career. The plot is ingenious, the characters unpretentious, the writing clear and precise and overall, it makes for an entertaining read. I have not come across a writer who writes in such a unique way in a long time.
This is the book of a first-time writer and I shall look forward to reading Reardon's next book, Dishonored, soon. I am curious to see how she would develop as a writer because I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.
To find out more about this new voice, J R Reardon's website is at http://www.jrreardon.com/
Rating: 3/5 (Good)

No comments:
Post a Comment