Friday, 27 February 2026

In Person? Three Texts


5 comments:

  1. I understand it so well. I stopped posting much since the Americans got all so negative about Barack Obama, well, as we all know, it has gotten worse. So, all I do is post my books because I promised the former members of my book club to carry on doing that. Other than that, I deleted my birthday and congratulate people via e-mail. Those who answer, get another one. Those who don't, get deleted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's better to socialise face-to-face and to be physically present rather than do all this from/through a screen. There's no authenticity when you're typing from a screen, in some situations, it can't be helped but now, it's become more and more normal. It's easy to get away with things from a screen as opposed to face-to-face conversation.

      Delete
    2. Somehow, I only got to know some of my so-called "friends" on FB, especially on politics, some of them are so mean online. However, those that I met online and then in real life, were just as nice as they were on social network.
      And it has helped me a lot in situations where I felt all alone.

      Delete
    3. I see. I tend to meet people in person and avoid interactions online. :)

      Delete
    4. It probably depends what situation you are in. I used to live in an area that was very hostile to us and I was glad I could interact with people online.
      But you interact on your site here. So you don't seem to mind that.

      Delete